Quitters Never Win And Winners Never Quit
So How Do You Go About Doing It?
Your goal in a confrontation to use External Focus to target and strike the attacker. If you turn to Internal Focus then you will be more concerned with your failure than you success.
Train Your Mind To Focus Externally
Here are some ways to train your mind to increase your confidence and teach you to think externally rather than internally. Take time to visualize an attack in your mind with a clear, detailed and realistic picture; then use your techniques to address the attack. Do this for 10-30 minutes twice a day; once in the morning when you awake, and before going to sleep. This will feed positive messages to your subconscious mind.
- Find a quiet place in your home to sit or lay down; whichever, makes yourself comfortable and begin to visualize.
- Always visualize what YOU are going to do; not what your opponent might do. Do not get into the if then senarios right now.
- Visualize yourself always moving quickly, effortlessly and being victorious.
- Visualize as if you have already obtained your goal, SMELL the scents of fear. TASTE the salt from your sweat on your lips. HEAR the pain of your fallen attacker. FEEL the energy and adrenaline of the moment as you stand facing your falllen attacker.
- Surround yourself with positive people who push you to be your very best, who believe you can accomplish your goal, and will help you achieve it. Having supportive people around will help deflect negative thinking, and will rub off on you, we become who we hang out with.
- Read biographies of others on the obstacles they overcame to get to where they are today. This could be anyone one, not just martial arts related. Read stories of success and focus on success not failure.
- Don't lie to yourself. Be positive. Be confident. Be realistic too.